We're looking for a Technical Presales Engineer (m/f) who will work on various projects with clients coming from plethora of different industries and different business related initiatives to solve. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for technology and a passion for sales. Someone who has an engineering background and also sales/pre-sales experience. You will have a chance to work with the clients, sales and engineering department to find the best solutions and approaches for their projects.
The ideal candidate is someone, who with his technical knowledge, wants to contribute and educate the clients about the project approach that fits its business the most. This includes raising the client’s awareness of different project roles needed to implement a digital solution and the approximate duration of the project. The output of your work should result in a sales offer that the client cannot reject. In the process of making the offer you will have a chance to work not only with the clients, but with sales and engineering department to find the best solutions and approaches for their projects.
What is it all about?
- Communication & coordination with partners and clients
- Providing technical support to sales and engineering teams
- Collaborate with the Sales teams to understand customer needs and provide technical sales support
- Understanding client’s business needs and guide them through Q services which can help them evolve their business
- During calls and meetings with clients, sales, team members be able to focus on problem solving skills vs what we cannot do for the client
- Proactively proposing pragmatic and cost-effective technical solutions
- Promote and inform the clients about Q’s way of working, standards, tech stack and procedures (technical ambassador for Q).
- Gathering and defining project scope, plans and objectives in coordination with all stakeholders
- Participation in the high level architecture and design of the application
- Support the project development from step 0 to the end (be involved in proposal, discovery deliverables and participate in development checkpoints)
- Consult with customers and engineers to assess system requirements
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and PoCs
- Design and present technical solutions to prospective customers
- Guide clients in choosing their options and fine tuning their roadmap
- Create high level development plans and timelines
- Conduct needs analysis (based on RFP, RFI and client calls)
- Participate in ballpark estimate meetings with the engineering teams
- Communicate with engineering teams to stay in touch with current Q tech developments, products and services
- To be able to understand and visualize possible risks and obstacles in projects
- To be able to filter out project opportunities at early stages
What do we expect from you?
- Have an engineering background and passion for technology
- Have the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Have the ability to present solutions and approaches with confidence
- Familiarity with data design best practices, common software development patterns and infrastructure setup concepts
- Have experience with complete SDLC
- Have experience writing and presenting proposals
- Have previously held sales or presales positions
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business problems
- Good work ethics
- Desire to continuously develop and learn new skills
- Willingness to exchange knowledge, provide help and collaborate with team members
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Ability to slice, estimate and prioritize assigned work as well as deliver work done respecting given deadlines
- Ability to adapt to different tools and ways of working
- High proficiency in English in both written and verbal form
And it would be awesome if you...
- Have prior experience as a software developer
- Have people management experience (mentoring, candidate screening, skills building, team growth, etc.) or possess desire to manage team and develop team management competences
- Have excellent communication skills in written and verbal form
What we offer
- The location choice is yours: remote, on-site or hybrid
- Flexible working hours
- Work with new technologies in a high-performance environment
- Diverse international projects (from 3-week microservice apps to 6+ month enterprise solutions)
- IT community involvement — Meetups, Workshops & Articles
- Internal workshops & personal development
- Educational budget
- 100% paid sick leave
- Paid health insurance
- Subvention of Multisport card & online Yoga classes
- Transport allowance & meal allowance
From 25.000,00 - 35.000,00 HRK gross 1.