Life at Q is anything but boring! We’re on a mission to find the As to the most challenging Qs of today. That makes our everyday lives more fun, our team more cohesive and our daily tasks more exciting. Are you ready for a challenge?
We’re looking for a proactive, team oriented and motivated Java developer (m/f) to join our team. We value a go-getter attitude, the drive to get things done, and the empathy to understand our client’s needs and wants. Our team prides itself on working hard and having fun while doing it. We believe in the power of bringing like-minded people together.
What is it all about?
- Communication & coordination with partners and clients
- Participation in planning and evaluation
- Participation in the architecture and design of the application
- Participation in auditing and analysis of project documentation and specifications
- Planning and setting the project core from scratch
- Maintaining ongoing projects
- Making and maintaining reusable components
- Working closely with other divisions like backend and design to create the best UX
- Driving an agile development process with your project team
What we expect from you?
- More than 2 years of experience in developing with Java and related tech ecosystem
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Experience working with API-based applications (REST and/or GraphQL)
- Ability to handle the entire development life cycle from end to end
- Experience with code reviews to enforce good coding practices
- Experience in building properly secured applications following best practices (i.e. OWASP top 10)
- Experience with containers, microservices and cloud hosting
- Experience with some of the popular java application servers (i.e. Tomcat, Jetty, GlassFish, Open Liberty, WildFly,..)
- High proficiency in English in both written and verbal form
And it would be awesome if you…
- Have excellent communication skills in written and verbal form
- Have great code testing experience (i.e. JUnit)
- Poses knowledge of HTML, CSS (SASS, LESS), OOCSS and Responsive web development principles and methodology
- Have great continuous deployment skills
- Have a drive to continuously improve
- Like being part of a team that is more than just colleagues
What we bring to the table:
- Remote work
- Flexible working hours
- Work with new technologies in a high-performance environment
- IT community involvement — Meetups, Workshops & Articles
- Internal workshops & personal development
Our salaries are based on your experience, level of knowledge & technical interview.