Life at Q is anything but boring! We’re on a mission to find the As to the most challenging Qs of today. That makes our everyday lives more fun, our team more cohesive and our daily tasks more exciting. Are you ready for a challenge?
We’re looking for a proactive, team-oriented and motivated Java developer (m/f) to join our team. We value a go-getter attitude, the drive to get things done, and the empathy to understand our client’s needs and wants. Our team prides itself on working hard and having fun while doing it. We believe in the power of bringing like-minded people together.
What is it all about?
- Communication & coordination with partners and clients
- Participation in planning and evaluation
- Participation in the architecture and design of the application
- Participation in auditing and analysis of project documentation and specifications
- Planning and setting the project core from scratch
- Maintaining ongoing projects
- Making and maintaining reusable components
- Working closely with other divisions like backend and design to create the best UX
- Driving an agile development process with your project team
What we expect from you?
- More than 4+ years of experience in developing with Java and related tech ecosystem
- Development of BE services for clients platform for the Ministry of SA
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object-Oriented Analysis and design using common design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring WebFlux, Spring Data, Redis, RabbitMQ, Java 17, Reactive programming, Microservices architecture, Design patterns, Functional programming and Domain driven design
- Experience working with API-based applications (REST and/or GraphQL)
- Ability to handle the entire development life cycle from end to end
- Experience with defining standards for Backend documentation, and documenting best practices for Backend development
- Experience with code reviews to enforce good coding practices
- Experience with production issues, debugging, as well as suggestions for improvements
- Experience in building properly secured applications following best practices (i.e. OWASP top 10)
- Experience with containers, microservices and cloud hosting
- Overview of migration to new technology stack
- Planning migration of current services (Backend in Ruby to Java Backend)
- Experience with some of the popular Java application servers (i.e. Tomcat, Jetty, GlassFish, Open Liberty, WildFly,..)
- High proficiency in English in both written and verbal form
And it would be awesome if you...
- Have excellent communication skills in written and verbal form
- Have great code testing experience (i.e. JUnit)
- Possess knowledge of HTML, CSS (SASS, LESS), OOCSS and Responsive web development principles and methodology
- Have great continuous deployment skills
- Have a drive to continuously improve
- Like being part of a team that is more than just colleagues
What we bring to the table
- The location choice is yours: remote, on-site or hybrid
- Flexible working hours
- Work with new technologies in a high-performance environment
- Diverse international projects (from 3-week microservice apps to 6+ month enterprise solutions)
- IT community involvement — Meetups, Workshops & Articles
- Internal workshops & personal development
- Educational budget
- 100% paid sick leave
- Paid health insurance
- Subvention of Multisport card
- Transport allowance & meal allowance
Salary is based on your experience, level of knowledge & technical interview.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Q agency
We are an award-winning software and design agency.
With 350+ full-time experts, we provide services and solutions to cover all phases of the digital product life-cycle. Working in various industries across 20 countries worldwide, we exceed our boundaries each day.
Loading application form